The HealthOne program has been in use since 1988 when it was introduced to Ireland by a small group of pioneering GPs.
They wanted to integrate a software program into their practice which was both reliable, functional and versatile.
The HealthOne program has grown to what it has become today, mainly as a result of the dedication and insight of these Doctors.
The HealthOne program has been in use in the European market for years, and it has withstood the test of time, providing an exceptionally flexible product.
HealthOne in focus
HIUG LIST - Forum
HealthOne is constantly evolving, so users need to be informed regularly of Program changes.
Check the Latest News feature here on the website, or you can subscribe to RSS feeds to be constantly updated.
We also have a Facebook page, and we have uploaded tutorial videos which can be viewed on YouTube
There are certainly lots of ways of keeping yourself updated
The HIUG are currently trying to organise Training workshop Nationally. Please see events for further information.
Currently we have confirmed Training to take place at the following:
We hope to see as many users as possible at these Training Workshops. Remember, the training is there for you all. The benefits of going to Training meetings is clear.
Your HealthOne system will work as it is designed to work once you know how to work it.
As you have probably realised by now, the ‘Flu Season’ is now in full swing.
For those practices who are part of the ‘Disease Surveillance’ network, it is vital that we get your returns on time.
Generally speaking, the timeliness of returns have been much better this year. This is probably down to the new search function that HealthOne initiated last year. Also, timeliness has become critical and as a result, the ICGP now deduct a percentage of the fee if the timeliness of a practice has been lower than 90 per cent.
For more details on this years Influenza facts and figures, You can check the HPSC Influenza Surveillance Reports
We have today released the latest version of Health one ie version 126.96.36.1999. This is now available via the
You can access the Liveupdate by clicking “help/ web-update” from within Healthone. It may also be that you are
getting the versions automatically if you have set the option to do so via “Tools / Options / Live update.
Every PC should be updated.
These features will be shown in detail at our forthcoming HIUG training meetings which a re listed below.
- Patient information – text now only displayed for current patient
- PRN drugs – Drugs can be flagged as PRN in repeats and not printed by option
- Controlled drugs can be tagged as “handwritten” and prescription report allows these drugs to be printed to
the right with space on the left for hand writing. Handwritten drugs will always appear at the end of the
prescription list in the transaction
- Dispense specific brand – drugs can be tagged such that the printed prescription contains the text “Do not
- Prescription reviewed – New button over the repeats list allows the user to record that the repeats have
been reviewed. New item then entered to the transaction “medication review”. The name of the reviewer is
- Date of the first prescription of a repeat is now visible in repeats window
- Sort repeats now by column
- Drugs by disease – Can associate a disease to a drug and view in repeats.
- Any drug can now be linked to a disease either when prescribing (edit window) or directly from the repeats
- Electronic Referrals –functionality availability controlled by Health Link
- Electronic General referral now possible for the following Hospitals in the HSE south [CUh –Mallow –
Mercy]. It is already available in Tallaght
- If you are interested in participating in this project, please contact Healthlink directly by going to
Mediforms – several bugs addressed
- Data “creeping” when mediform is re-edited and new information entered – Solved
- Following Mediforms have been updated and are available via liveUpdate
- Diabetes Review 17
- Blood pressure CVS
- CIPC (Councelling in Primary Care) – new mediform available since version 188.8.131.527