HealthOne Appointments Module 2011
The Health One appointments screen can be seen in the screenshot below. In this section we will explain the function of each button on the appointments screen and how you can book appointments and configure the screen to meet your needs.
Appointment Screen in detail
- Appointment Module Options
- Appointment Module Configuration
- Appointment Module Screen Views
- Consultation time configuration
- Making Appointments
- Opening Patient Charts (from within Appointment Module)
- Resource Selector (Users shown on the Appointment screen)
- Searching Appointments
- Time Blocks
- Whiteboard messages
Time slot configuration
Configuring the time allocated to appointments
On the appointments screen the time slots are displayed on the left. You can set the duration of these in the appointments option section or in Tools – Options – Appointments
There is a calendar on the right which allows you to choose a date to book appointments.
You can also choose a different month by pressing the little black arrows to the left and right of the month display.
Today’s date is highlighted in red. You can press the today button to bring you back to todays date at any stage.
Selecting appointment screen view
You can choose which view you want to use either by default or you can move between different views as required.
Use this selector to choose:
Configuring the Resource Selector
The resource selector can be used to add or remove users from the appointments screen – simply press the check box beside the users name to add or remove them from the screen
Within this tab as you can see on the top bar, there are options where you can
- Reorder the users priority on the appointment screen The next screen will be displayed allowing you to drag the users to the top using the mouse or Shift and arrows. The user at the top will be displayed on the left hand side of the appointments screen.
- Change the order of the date / resource on the top of the appointments screen.
The buttons in the image below will allow you save the views you have – for example you could have different views for each day of the week.
Click on the little dropdown arrow to allow you to select your view choice.
The Green circular up/down icons allow you to move between the stored views.
The View Edit button allows you save & edit your views. You can also set your default view using this feature
How to search the Appointments slots which have been taken, or which are available
By pressing this button at the top of the appointment screen you can search for a patients appointments or search for an available appointment
Enter the patients name on the text to search box – you can
- search by date range/time/appointment type/User by pressing the search button.
- Search for a free period. – Enter the search criteria from date, times, appointment types users, duration and press search. You can then select one of the times returned to book an appointment. (as shown below)
From within the Appointments screen you can
- Display the invoices for the selected patient allowing you to make changes to patient billing.
- Lists all the appointments for the selected patient
- Refresh the screen (Or press F12)
Change appointment status
When you have booked an appointment you can use the above buttons
- In Appointment – this will add the patient to the waiting room.
- Did not attend
- Too late
Using the Whiteboard to enter notes to other users
You can enter notes on the whiteboard which can be seen by any user on a shared configuration.
Sometimes the Whiteboard is hidden from view. To re-instate the whiteboard view, simply, click on the bar as shown above to reveal the whiteboard view. Alternatively you can keep it hidden from view. (User Choice)
Choosing the options to run in the Appointments Module
Pressing the appointment options button will open up the options screen on the appointments module options
From here you can choose to:
- Auto select patients if match criteria – this will allow you to enter a patients name directly into the calendar and if you have a direct match to a patient in your database you will not have to search for a patient – it will be added directly to the calendar.
- Edit the appointment after creation – this will display the edit appointment screen when you create an appointment allowing you to change the appointment type etc. You can also get the appointment edit screen by right clicking with the mouse on the appointment
- Set the default time shown in the calendar
- Show the appointment time
- Limit the calendar to only show the working hours
- Display the appointments using the status color instead of icons
- You also have a number of other display and presence options to choose from which you can select to meet your needs.
From this options screen you can also update the patient details displayed on the patient details panel of the calendar.
To update the details, drag the fields from the panel on the right to the panel on the left using the mouse
press OK to save. This will update the details seen for the selected patient in details panel in the calendar.
Configuring the Appointments Module
To configure the appointments you can press the following button on the calendar
The following screen will then be displayed
From this screen you can configure your :
- Appointment types – add, edit delete appointment types
- Setup working hours, time blocks and appointment types for users & availability of rooms
To add an appointment type press the button. The following screen will be displayed
Enter in a Title for your new appointment type, a default duration and a display colour and indicate if the user will be free or not for this appointment (e.g. if it is a clinic when they will see people) – Press OK to save.
You can edit the appointment types by pressing and delete an appointment type by pressing .
Creating / Editing Time Blocks
Time blocks are blocks which are used repeatedly, for example, there may be occasions when the GP is regularly at another clinic, meeting, etc.
To add time blocks press the users tab (see below) – select the time slots your require the block for and right click on the mouse.
The following screen will be displayed.
Select the day of the week , then the start time and end time. Enter the appointment type of the time block – e.g. Lunch. You can then set when the time block will occur, by choosing the days or selecting first week of month, last week of month, Odd weeks, Even weeks.
Then press OK to save.
To Book an appointment
How to Make Appointments
- Select the times slot you require.
- You can then either type the patients name directly into the slot if a patient matches an appointment will be booked for them. If not the patient search screen will be displayed allowing you to search for your patient. Press enter / ok to book the appointment
- If you have the edit after creation option selected in the appointment options, the following screen will be displayed otherwise the appointment will be added to the calendar. (you can then select the appointment and right click to see the edit screen.
Using the edit appointment screen you can set the type of appointment, the resource the appointment is scheduled with, enter a to do status avatar to allow a user to easily see what a patient is coming in for and enter any comments on the appointment.
Pressing F3 when you have an appointment selected will also allow you to add appointment comments.
Opening a patients chart – from within Appointments Module
How to open patients charts directly from the Appointments Module
To open a patients chart from the calendar you can press the enter button on a selected patient in the calendar, or double click on a patient in the calendar using the mouse. Right Click appointment options
If you select an appointment in the calendar and right click you can access the following options
- Open Patient
- Edit the patient
- Edit / set a reoccurrence
- Insert a new appointment into the same slot.
- Add a comment (or press F3)
- Enter a to do status icon
- Cut, copy, paste & delete an appointment
- Print the appointment
- Show all the appointments for the currently selected patient
- Show the history for the appointment
- Send a text message if you have enabled the text feature
- Display the prescription module for the patient to issue repeats.
- Open the billing module for the patient to see their invoices
A new item administrative item called ‘appointment alert’ has been added, it can be used and saved to the patients
chart and this will then cause an alert to appear when you go to book an appointment.